Research Assistantship Opportunities
Announced on September 6, 2018
The Transforming Antennas Center (TAC) at Florida International University (FIU) announces Research Assistantship openings for Ph.D. students. Prof. Georgakopoulos, Director of TAC, is looking for highly motivated and self-driven students with strong background in antennas, RF systems and/or electromagnetics that would like to pursue a Ph.D. degree in areas related to antennas, wireless power transfer, biomedical applications of RF and antenna systems, and electromagnetics.
1. B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Preference will be given to candidates with M.S. in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on antennas, RF systems and/or electromagnetics.
2. Taken courses on electromagnetics, fields & waves, antennas, RF design, microwave engineering or related courses.
3. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of electromagnetic simulation software.
4. Preference will be given to candidates with strong background and experience in antennas and/or electromagnetics.
5. Preference will be given to candidates with journal and/or conference publications in the areas of antennas, RF systems and/or electromagnetics.
Interested students should forward their resume and a personal statement addressing items 1-5 above as soon as possible to Prof. Georgakopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org and use subject “RA Position Application 2018“.
The announcement will remain open until positions are filled.
Selected students will be provided with research assistantships that will support them financially and cover their tuition. The selected students will work on high profile research programs on novel antennas, wireless power transfer and/or RF systems.
Director of TAC
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Florida International University
10555 W. Flagler Street,
Miami, FL 33174
Phone: (305) 348-1262
FAX: (305) 348-3707